Project: The Golf Village Luxury Lodge Development, Pwllheli, North Wales
Client: Hafan y Mor (Haven Parks)
Duration: 3 months
To create an exclusive retreat area within an existing park, providing space for luxury sea-view lodges that overlook a private golf course. It was essential that the landscaping enhanced the natural beauty of the area. This was phase one of an on-going contract.
- Site clearance and environmental mitigation.
- Constructing surfaced roads.
- Building 20ft x 40ft concrete bases with raised decking areas.
- Installing new services, including 63mm water and gas mains,
- plus electric feed from an existing transformer unit.
- Using local slate to create unique seating areas.
- Constructing durable, fixed, paved and limestone decking areas.
- Creating landscaped mounds and soft fencing to separate units and convey a feel of privacy.
- Use of stones and paving to create a softer ‘beach’ feel.
- Lighting the landscaped areas.
- Assisting designers in implementing and mitigating design challenges.
- Working in a fully operational park, giving due consideration to patrons.
- Heavily restricted working hours, including no early starts.
- Short project timeframe.
- Tight Budget.
- Working close to a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
- Environmental mitigation.
- Tree protection.
- Installing a sewage pump station in a low point under the water table.