For over twenty five years sewerage and drainage work has formed the core of GHJ Civil Engineering Ltd’s portfolio.
GHJ are an approved Welsh Water contractor and have installed many sewerage and drainage schemes including gravity sewers, submerged aerated filter (SAF) plant, biodiscs, humus tanks, lagoons, rising mains, box culverts, attenuation storage tanks, combined storm overflows (CSOs), unsatisfactory intermittent discharges (UIDs) and pumped storage tanks.
The team at GHJ are highly experienced and sympathetic to the challenges and constraints of each particular sewerage and drainage project. Whether it’s an urban environment where traffic management and public access issues are important to minimise disruption, an industrial site where productivity and logistics are a priority or a rural site where environmental and ecological matters all require close attention, GHJ have the sensitivity and experience to manage the project.
GHJ currently work with clients in the public and private sectors. Our clients currently include Local Authorities, Welsh Water and Veolia Water.
GHJ are proud to have received many repeat orders and confirms our ability to offer expertise, experience and value in the following:
- Design and installation of new systems
- Construction of Reinforced concrete structures for waste water treatment.
- Upgrading existing systems to meet latest EA effluent discharges constraints
- Maintenance of existing sewage and waste water infrastructure
- Repairs to old / collapsed mains and pump stations
- Fusion welding including new rising mains installations
- Installation of domestic and industrial septic tanks
- Over-pumping for live connections